Marketing Updates 🚀
Top 5 Updates of the Week
- Meta is working on a decentralised social media app like Twitter. (Platform)
- Youtube will stop showing overlay Ads on desktop starting next month. (Check)
- Googles February 2023 Product Reviews Update Finished rolling out. (SET)
- Microsoft to launch ChatGPT 4 next week with AI videos. (DigitalTrends)
- Tiktok expands “Tiktok search Ads” to more advertisers, target users based on keywords & searches. (SEL)
- Google Ads simplifies audience creation with new GA4 Audience builder. (News)
- Google announced new updates to featured snippets with “new headings” for Also Asked Tab in search. (Blog)
- Google roles out new updated desktop search design with new site names & more. (SEL)
- Google Trends have a new look for 2023. (Post)
- Google Ads launches Performance max for Travel Goals. (Blog)
- Google expands local service Ads to more than 70 new businesses. (SEL)
- Tiktok launched “Series” a new feature that allows creators to charge for premium content. (News)
- Tiktok is blocking links to App store from creator bios, limited business still have this access. (TC)
- Tiktok partnered with Dentsu on a new campaign performance tracking solution. (Newsroom)
- Tiktok wins US trademark trial over stitch video feature. (Reuters)
- Belgium bans Tiktok from governmental devices. (politico)
- Tiktok provides new in-app prompt update on how it is protecting users. (Blog)
- Instagram’s new “About this account” UI with Paid subscription mentioned. (Tweet)
- Instagram is back online after Brief global outages this week. (CNN)
- Meta is cutting off reels bonuses program for Instagram & Facebook reels. (Here)
- Meta is planning to lay off thousands of employees as soon as possible. (Insider)
- Facebook made new mentions in a blogpost about Messenger coming back to Facebook app. (Blog)
- Facebook is testing removal of Topics in its groups feature. (DIW)
- Important: WhatsApp users in EU can disagree to terms & services as Meta agrees to EU to comply with consumer protection rights. (Read)
- WhatsApp can get banned in UK over the issues regarding end-to-end encryption. (TG)
- EU suggests Elon musk to hire more employees to moderate twitter. (FT)
- Twitter to charge $42k per month for API access for enterprises. (wired)
- Twitter’s privacy preserving Tor service is unavailable now. (News)
- Elon musk says Q2 2023 will be profitable for Twitter after major changes. (Insider)
- Twitter aims to add chat encryption, New DM features & emoji reactions by end of this month. (Elon)
- Outages: Twitter was down multiple times this week, with desktop outages, Image loading errors & more.
- Youtube Updated their policies regarding Profanity after creator backlash, videos are eligible for monetisation. (blog)
- Snapchat launches new AR filters about election awareness ahead of Dutch Elections. (TC)
- Reddit is shutting down Reddit talks from March 21. (CBS)
- Reddit launches separate feeds for readable & video content, many are calling it Tiktok clone. (TC)
- Child sensitive content is escaping Pinterest algorithm, but platform shared update regarding new content reporting tools launching next week. (engadget)
- Pinterest shared new key insights on International Women’s day. (Blog)
- Microsoft Bing AI working on save chats & more features. (Seroundtable)
- Global head of Microsoft advertising steps down. (SEL)
- Microsoft layed off another set of 10,000 employees working in US. (DNA)
- Code-free custom conversions, and 5 other new Microsoft Ad updates. (SEL)
- Discord’s new AI features are getting user backlash. (TB)
- Spotify goes all in on creator economy with new video podcast deals with Viral creators. (Read)
- Twitch creators are angry as all the exclusive deals will go down, all creators will have a 50/50 revenue cut. (TB)
- Disney sells out Ad inventory for Oscars. (Adweek)
- Spotify revamps its app with new Tiktok style discovery feed & smart shuffle for playlist. (TC)
- DuckDuckGo is supposedly working on Generative AI features. (DIW)
- Audi, Mars Nespresso to start using Attention marketplace “Adelaide” focused on attention metrics. (Adweek)
- Etsy deals seller payments due to silicon valley collapse. (Nbcnews)
- Telegram announces new power-saving mode. (Blog)
- 13 March: Commonwealth Day / National Good Samaritan Day / National Jewel Day.
- 14 March: International Ask A question Day / Science Education Day / International Day of Mathematics / National Pi Day.
- 15 March: World Contact Day / World Speech Day / World Consumer Right’s Day.
- 16 March : National Panda Day / Ted Lasso Season 3 / National freedom of information day.
- 17 March : Saint Patrick’s Day / World Sleep Day / Narvik Winter Festival.
- 18 March: Global Recycling Day / Companies that care Day / National Awkward Moments Day / Share your awkward moment that you’re audience might relate to!
- 19 March: International Client’s Day / International read to me day / Pretzel Sunday / Share a story about your best client.
SaaS Finds of the Week
- ChatGPT for YouTube - A chrome plugin to summarise youtube videos.
- OnceHub - A no-code meeting scheduling platform.
- evolv AI - Use AI to craft customer journeys & track user behaviour.
- Conductor - A content marketing platform to track your SEO growth.
- text Cortex - An open plugin to help you write better copy & edit your posts.
Marketing Resources of the Week
- Tiktok: The platform launched a new library to provide Ad insights on specific keywords .
- Marketing : New Marketing Spending report shows a decrease in growth regarding spending this year.
- SMS: A New report on state of SMS marketing, consumers are annoyed.
- Twitter: The platform shared new insights on capturing attention during march madness
- Consumer: A free report on how brands & consumers are listening to each other & what are the barriers.
- Social Media: How engagement across various social media platforms is dropping.
Marketing Trends Report 2023
If you haven’t heard it yet, next week our “State of marketing 2023” report will get new update with additions of new data & statistics regarding OOH advertising, Event marketing & 2 other surprise channels covered for you.
If you haven’t read it yet, what are you waiting for? Give it a read. People tend to spend more than 8 minutes per session consuming value only!
P.S. Here’s How I can help you in other ways
1) Crafting your social Media Strategy (Availability from April)
I’m accepting Clients for social strategy work soon. If you are looking to get better at Social in Q2. You can reach out in the meantime!
If you are struggling with social media and marketing for your business or you are a newbie in social media marketing. You can book a 43-minute session with me!
Reach 10,000+ marketers who read my weekly posts & emails (Open rate: 50%+). If you have something my audience might find relevant. You can reach out!
4) Quick Questions
I’m always open to answer quick questions regarding marketing & social media. Never be afraid to reach out to me through email or my social media DMs.
If any of the offers above interest you. Feel free to reply to this email & talk about it!
Can’t miss Marketing Posts
- Insights on Cognitive biases in marketing
- Marketing Changes tracked in Q1 2023
- Personalization In Marketing
- Women in Marketing you need to follow
Before you leave, Read this!
I hope you liked this week’s edition, I have a gift for you. Another scroll & you will find that this week you can get a free Influencer marketing research paper (costing $100) by referring this newsletter!
For heads up, 17 people already have access to the paper & they love it.