Marketing Updates 🧃
Top 5 Updates of the Week:
- Meta is launched Paid Subscriptions for Facebook & Instagram. (Mosseri)
- Google announced sixth product reviews update this week. (Check)
- EU commission bans Tiktok From staff work devices. (BW)
- LinkedIn will soon give users ability to choose their content viewing preferences. (SEL)
- Podcasts are coming to Youtube Music. (gms)
This isn’t Ad, It’s only me!
I’m Jaskaran & I’m here to audit your Social Media Accounts
Hi, I’m Jaskaran, the author of your favourite newsletter (I hope it is).
It’s time that I examine your socials and identify the pitfalls. My Audit process will help you find the mistakes you’re making with your social media accounts.
If you have seen web-series called good doctor, like him. I’m waiting to fix your social presence.
- Google updates guidance on helpful content system and discover traffic. (Blog)
- Google Ads Performance Max adds Brand exclusions, Page Feeds, Video Creation & More. (Seroundtable)
- Google search console and permissions management updated. (SEL)
- Google Adsense Site Management changes coming March 20th. (Post)
- Google’s Gary illyes on Noindex with redirects. (Blog)
- Tiktok announced new brand safety and suitability partners. (News)
- Tiktok is under Investigation by Canadian privacy regulators. (Reuters)
- Tiktok expands access to it’s research API for independent researchers. (Tweet)
- Tiktok launched new type of creator fund “Creativity Program Beta”. (Blog)
- Tiktok Integrations with cars are coming, starting with Mercedes-Benz. (TC)
- Snoop dogg made his music exclusively available for Tiktok creators with new partnership with his label. (News)
- Instagram testing User location listings on reels clips. (SMT)
- Instagram is testing Snooze Suggested posts & Reels Watch time feature. (DIW)
- Instagram is working on ability to request Desired Username for your account & making help requests more accessible. (Matt)
- Instagram testing a Feature to inform users when they get followers from a specific reel. (On my radar)
- Trend: Many users are currently experiencing Algorithm changes as they have seen drop in IG reels engagement up-to 20% lesser reach than before.
- You can get access of Meta’s Paid subscription by joining the waitlist. (Here)
- Meta Tests Product Promotions in IG group chats. (SMT)
- Meta Highlights how they are working on improving Facebook’s penalty system. (Blog)
- WhatsApp is also supposedly working on a newsletter feature. (WAB)
- Meta is going big on AI again, introduced a new large language model LLaMA. (Read)
- Twitter internally cuts off access to slack for employees and also owes stack money for the service. (mashable)
- Twitter alert users if a community note have been added to a tweet they liked. (News)
- Twitter is working on the ability to remove followers like IG. (Tweet)
- Elon said Twitter will open source its algorithm next week. (Insider)
- Youtube begins testing 1080p premium stream option on mobile app. (gsmarena)
- Youtube users can now build custom radio stations. (TB)
- Youtube expanded access to let creators dub videos in multi-languages. (daily)
- Youtube adds more Shorts performance insights, updated chat moderation role. (SMT)
- LinkedIn Announced new Feed Features, Newsletter Scheduling & One-click subscribe for newsletters. (Blog)
- Snapchat rolls out new sounds feature to make content creation easier. (TC)
- A look into Snapchat’s Investors Day presentation. (Blog)
- Pinterest partnered with UC Berkeley Center for a research about affects of Pinterest on consumers. (Read)
- Microsoft Advertising unveils lodging solutions, and adds 11 new Google imports market for Smart Campaigns. (SEL)
- Clubhouse launched new feature called “Mutuals” to make networking easy during calls. (Read)
- Twitch launches “experimenting hub” to inform creators what they are working on. (TV)
- IPG media-brands wins Geico’s $1.4 Billion media review. (Adweek)
- Walmart Ad sales hit $2.7B as executives eye greater scale. (MD)
- What Podcasting industry slowdown means for advertisers. (MD)
Insider Insight: Meta told advertisers & Investors that new subscription model will not affect the Ad business model or impact how Ads work now.
- 27 February: International Polar Bear Day / World NGO Day / Pokemon Day / World Sustainable Energy Day.
- 28 February: Global Scouse Day / Rare Diseases Day / National Science Day / Share a post about different Language speaking team members.
- 1 March: World Compliment Day / National Barista Day / National Wedding Planning Day / Women’s History Month Begins.
- 2 March : World Teen mental health Day / World Book day / International Rescue a cat day.
- 3 March : World Wildlife Day / World Hearing Day / International Irish Whiskey Day.
- 4 March: World Obesity Day / International Scrappingbook Industry Day / National Sons Day / Share your favourite moment with Family.
- 5 March: National Absinthe Day / International Open Data Day/ World Info Architecture Day / Share how your business protects user data.
SaaS Finds of the Week
- Descript - To transcribe your video content & add captions to it.
- Marketer Hire - A platform to help you find better marketers.
- Attentive - One of the leading SMS marketing platform.
- Zemanta - A demand-side platform for engagement & performance.
- Prezly- A PR platform for e-commerce brands.
Marketing Resources of the Week
- Meta : The platform published its Q4 2022 Widely Viewed Content Report.
- Advertising : A Free Resource For Beginners in Advertising to learn terms.
- Pinterest : Understanding Pinterest’s Business Model.
- Marketing: A free report by McKinsey on Business personalization to help marketers.
- Social Ads : A free swipe file for you to find inspiration for social media Ads.
Best Posts from r/marketingcurated
It was a rough week for our community. On a good week, I was thinking of crossing 4k this week. But we have another week in front of us.
Let’s go, Here are the most valuable posts from our community:
- Martech Map 2022
- Insights about CMOs
- Facebook Ads Tips shared by a member
- Building a winning brand positioning statement
- The 4Rs of Useful Buyer Personas
Marketing Trends Report 2023 📖
In case you are new to our newsletter, you can read our free open-report filled with insights from top marketers & publications to help you with marketing.
You can read it here, many readers are spending more 8 minutes on the website reading the report once in a while. Also, the new version is in writing with help from many Industry experts .
Thanks for Reading this newsletter
I’ve been working on other projects and writing the report. The growth of the newsletter is mostly driven by referrals. If you liked this week’s newsletter, you can help me scale this newsletter by sharing it with others.
Have a nice week ahead!