Marketing Recap of February 2023 ❤️
Marketers can you believe it? Another month passed & this one was a hectic. IG reach changes, AI & Elon’s New Twitter Route.
It’s time to go over all of them.
- Tiktok added updated policies for creators with new account enforcement system. (Blog)
- Tiktok opens a new transparency theatre to showcase their practices. (BL)
- Tiktok is testing Refresh, A new feature to refresh your “For You” page algorithm. (Blog)
- Tiktok introduces 4 new ways to quickly promote your content on its platform. (BL)
- Tiktok planning to open 2 more data centres in EU amid Privacy Concerns. (Blog)
- Tiktok launched Tiktok Trivia Happening 22-26 February with $500k Prize Pool. (Blog)
- Tiktok is launching dedicated feeds for specific topics like Food, Fashion and gaming. (DIW)
- Tiktok announced new brand safety and suitability partners. (News)
- Tiktok expands access to it’s research API for independent researchers. (Tweet)
- Tiktok launched new type of creator fund “Creativity Program Beta”. (Blog)
- Tiktok Integrations with cars are coming, starting with Mercedes-Benz. (TC)
My Free Marketing Trends Report 2023
This February I launched an open-report covering 7 Different marketing channels & Consumer behavioural Insights. In case you haven’t read it yet.
You can read the report here with valuable insights from 138+ Reports & 200 Marketers.
I’m working on next version that you will receive notifications about this month & if you thought this report couldn’t get any better. I’m in process to prove you wrong & provide more value.
For Now, I appreciate you taking the time to read the report, People are spending 5-8 minutes reading the insights. In case it helped you, It would be great to have you refer it someone or bookmark.
|Your Free Report!|
- Instagram Notes are now available to users in Europe & Japan. (TC)
- Instagram expands Gifts to all creators in United States. (Check)
- Instagram tests “Memory” prompts to increase user engagement. (SMT)
- Instagram launched WhatsApp like “Channel Broadcasts” for Creators & Brands, You can join waitlist. (Mosseri)
- Instagram is getting rid of live shopping this month. (TV)
- Meta is launched Paid Subscriptions for Facebook & Instagram. (Mosseri)
- Instagram testing User location listings on reels clips. (SMT)
- Google Updates Search Console Video Editing Report. (Read)
- Google does a major refresh of The Cononicalization Help Documentation. (Seroundtable)
- Google had it’s new AI Bot “Bard” in Google Paris Event, you can visit the link to get a recap of event. (Read)
- New Updates to Google’s Gambling & games policy. (Post)
- Google Ads API Version 13.0 Now Available. (seroundtable )
- 3 new Google Analytics were announced last week. (SEL)
- Google search people cards now visible in US. (Seroundtable)
- Google Ads launch new CTV Advertising features. (Post)
- Google announced sixth product reviews update for e-commerce. (Check)
- Google updates guidance on helpful content system and discover traffic. (Blog)
- Google Ads Performance Max adds Brand exclusions, Page Feeds, Video Creation & More. (Seroundtable)
- Google search console and permissions management updated. (SEL)
- Meta shared 2022 Earning Report & It’s vision for 2023. (Reddit)
- Meta delays setting team budgets as it plans to cut more employees. (Post)
- Whatsapp working on new feature to transcribe audio messages to text. (Read)
- Meta’s adds more data to “Why Am I seeing this Ad” prompts, to increase Ad Transparency. (Blog)
- Meta is Rolling out Meta work accounts for Limited businesses in 2023. (Read)
- Meta is launched Paid Subscriptions for Facebook & Instagram. (Mosseri)
- Meta Tests Product Promotions in IG group chats. (SMT)
- Meta Highlights how they are working on improving Facebook’s penalty system. (Blog)
- WhatsApp is also supposedly working on a newsletter feature. (WAB)
- Twitter will share Ad revenue with Twitter Blue Creators. (Read)
- Twitter Blue expands to six new countries brings back space curations. (TC)
- Twitter ends Co-Tweets, collaborative feature. (TV)
- Elon wants to charge $1,000 per month to companies to retain blue checkmarks. (Variety)
- Twitter tests expanded emoji reaction options in DMs. (SMT)
- Twitter will charge developers for API access from now on. (Devs)
- Twitter tests new quick boost option for tweets. (SMT)
- Twitter Blue introduces 4,000 character tweets, says half tweet ads are coming. (TC)
- Twitter will limit 2FA Feature to Twitter Blue Subscribers only from March 20,2023. (Tweet)
- Ads for cannabis are now allowed on Twitter. (SEL)
- Elon promises more positive changes coming to Twitters Ad Platform. (Tweet)
- Twitter internally cuts off access to slack for employees and also owes stack money for the service. (mashable)
- Twitter to alert users if a community note have been added to a tweet they liked. (News)
Our Newsletter is Looking For Q2 Sponsors
An overview of our audience:
- 7,000+ Subscribers
- Industry-wide best open rate of more than 50%
- Majority of US, EU & CA Audiences
- They’re in good company: Hubspot, Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Jellysmack, SAP.
You can reach out by replying to this email or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youtube launched new Comment Filters to make creators find previous comments easier & one other visualisation update. (Announcement)
- Youtube will allow advertisers to place ads during videos on specific time stamps. It’s game changing! (Google)
- Youtube CEO Susan Wojcicki Is setting down. (Announcement)
- Youtube adds Feature to reply to comments with Shorts like Tiktok. (SMT)
- Youtube announced new commercial Music licensing resource for creators. (Blog)
- Podcasts are coming to Youtube Music. (gms)
- Youtube begins testing 1080p premium stream option on mobile app. (gsmarena)
- Youtube users can now build custom radio stations. (TB)
- Youtube expanded access to let creators dub videos in multi-languages. (daily)
- Youtube adds more Shorts performance insights, updated chat moderation role. (SMT)
- Snapchat added 12 Million Users in Q4 2022 but failed to meet revenue predictions. (News)
- Snapchat now has more than 2 million paid subscriptions. (TC)
- Snapchat to Use Ray Tracing to Make AR lenses more realistic. (DIW)
- Snapchat rolls out new sounds feature to make content creation easier. (TC)
- A look into Snapchat’s Investors Day presentation. (Blog)
- Pinterest Announces new video collaboration with Publisher Condé Nast. (Room)
- Pinterest shares slip on Q4 2022 revenue and weak forecast. (Read)
- Pinterest is testing 5 Minutes length for Idea Pins. (Reddit )
- Pinterest relaunches Pinterest e-learning Academy. (Tweet)
- Pinterest partnered with UC Berkeley Center for a research about affects of Pinterest on consumers. (Read)
- LinkedIn Announced new Feed Features, Newsletter Scheduling & One-click subscribe for newsletters. (Blog)
- LinkedIn will soon give users ability to choose their content viewing preferences. (SEL)
- Microsoft’s LinkedIn layed off Staff amid hiring slowdown. (TheInfo)
- LinkedIn added new Features to make newsletters grow faster & easy-to-subscribe. (Post)
- Microsoft discontinues bid modifier for audience ads. (Blog)
- Open AI launched Tutorials site + New Subscription plans for ChatGPT. (Chat)
- Amazons Ad business grew by 19% last quarter more than Google & Microsoft. (Adweek)
- Pepsi’s new starry drink to target Gen-Z with it’s branding. (Blog)
- Yahoo shutters SSP & narrows focus on Ad buyers. (TC)
- Wendy’s first to test Roku, Doordash deal around shoppable TV Ads. (MD)
- Getty images sues stability AI for copyright infringement. (SEJ)
- Twitter rival Mastodon shows declined growth despite the regular concerns about twitter. (SEL)
- Microsoft’s New Bing is planning on Bringing AI Ads soon. (Check)
- Spotify will launch a Tiktok like feed for it’s users to get more user engagement. (Bloomberg)
- Reddit Ads now support five new currencies: AUD, CAD, EUR, GBP, NZD. (Read)
- Discord’s Stage Channel just got a major update. (TB)
- Twitch now lets streamers tag channels in Stream titles. (TV)
- Microsoft Advertising unveils lodging solutions, and adds 11 new Google imports market for Smart Campaigns. (SEL)
- Clubhouse launched new feature called “Mutuals” to make networking easy during calls. (Read)
- Twitch launches “experimenting hub” to inform creators what they are working on. (TV)
- Walmart Ad sales hit $2.7B as executives eye greater scale. (MD)
Top Marketing Resources I discovered last month 🧬📖
- Tiktok: The platform shared tips for advertising during Super Bowl.
- PPC: Search Engine land shared their new updated guide to PPC marketing.
- Trends: Litmus shared new report on Email Engagement Trends.
- Tiktok: Tiktok explained its Video insights for Advertisers.
- DTC: These are the best DTC Brands to watch out in 2023.
- LinkedIn : The platform shared a new guide on B2B marketing KPIs.
- Reddit: Reddit shared new insights on Financial communities on platform.
- Marketing: How marketers are changing goals to loyalty.
- B2B: How B2B marketing is changing in 2023.
- TikTok : How Gorton’s Seafood is using tiktok for a product launch.
- Tiktok : The platform shared new insights on Tiktok Advertising reportedly 70,000 new insights have been added.
- Google: The platform shared new guide on “Best Link Practices”.
- LinkedIn : The platform launched New Workspace Learning Report 2023.
- Tiktok: A free Tiktok Trends Report of Last Week about Hooks, Story Framing & Trends.
- Product : A free Product launch guide for First-time startup founders.
- Meta : The platform published its Q4 2022 Widely Viewed Content Report.
- Advertising : A Free Resource For Beginners in Advertising to learn terms.
- Pinterest : Understanding Pinterest’s Business Model.
- Marketing: A free report by McKinsey on Business personalization to help marketers.
- Social Ads : A free swipe file for you to find inspiration for social media Ads.
Best Posts from our Community: r/Marketingcurated
Our community crossed 4,000 members in February & We are looking forward to cross 7,000 members by march.
The only suggestion is if you like the newsletter, you will fall in love with the community!
Our Best Posts from the community:
- The Generative AI landscape
- Insights from Facebook Ads
- Building a winning Brand positioning Statement.
- The Art of Storytelling
- New Consumer Insights
- Content Distribution is Underrated
- 3 Advertising Beliefs backed by Research
With every post, I try to make sure it holds value for readers or sometime I try to share marketing humour to lighten things up. I love it!
I have applied for access to reddit talk, fingers crossed. If it’s approved having weekly conversations with members will be insightful for all of us.
It’s time to forward the email to help other marketing teams
By referring this newsletter, you help me scale this community & also help other marketing teams & businesseses stay Upto date about everything marketing & social.
P.S. If this email was forwarded to you, You can subscribe here: The Social Juice 🧃